River Rafting in Kundalika river Kolad,


Why Kolad?

It was 3rd week of December 2015, I decided to take a 2 day break. But I wanted it within Maharashtra "Far Away Yet so Near" attitude. A quick research on Google 😉 displayed a variety of options. Somehow I narrowed down to Kolad. It appeared like a very scenic environment with nature in abundance. There was also the information on Kundalika river with rafting facilities. 

I was ready for a 2 day backpack to Kolad. I decided to go by State Transport buses that will arrive at Andheri-West Bus stop at 5.30 am in the morning. This suited me fine as I could easily reach Andheri-West within 10 mts from where I stay. Please do not imagine MRST Busses to be like Luxury Coaches. They are ideal way of commuting economically for a common man like me.
Photo Credits: http://www.mumbai77.com

Now the next question was, which place to stay? Once again a quick research on Facebook and Google, I thumb nailed at Good Heavens. Coincidentally, while I was copying the URL of  the Good Heaven's Facebook page today, I saw my picture on their header profile, the same picture of me floating in the Kundalika river. I felt so good and humbled and all the memories started lingering back. 

Good Heavens

A lovely and cute cottage owned by a very loving and friendly couple Sarita and Shyam. This homely cottage is under the umbrella of nature adjoining Kundalika river in Kolad, Maharashtra is surrounded amidst natural beauty. Apparently, this is their home. They actually live here and let off few rooms to visitors on hire. One can never go wrong staying in such a beautiful retreat that is actually a home. Old saying for a good Hotel/Resort "Home away from home" is just apt for Good Heavens. 
Good Heavens - Potio. I spent most of the day outside. Breakfast, Tea, Lunch and Dinner was always consumed here surrounded by nature.
This is the view from the Patio. Notice the Kundalika river just next to this Good Heavens.
Leaving aside the luxuries of lodging, Sarita and Shyam made sure I enjoyed my short stay with hot, tasty homely food. In short 2 days filled with, Love, Trekking, Bonfire, Camping by the river side, Hammock, Morning dew, Kayaking, White River Rafting, loads of Fresh air and Oxygen. If you would like know their contact details feel free to contact me.

I chose to bunk here for the night sleep. What can I say, it was simply heaven on earth.
In the morning a thick blanket of fog used to lay over the Kundalika river that used to clear off by 8 am.

Kayaking just before sunset. Peace, calm and natural beauty galore.

Barbecue along with bonfire at 8 pm.  
Hammocks are placed wherever possible in the lush Green forest type area surrounding the Good Heavens Cottage.


Maneuvering the Kayak to go further deep in the Kundalika river. 

 River Rafting in Kundalika River

The embarkation point is about 20 kms. from Good Heavens. There are Autorickshaws (Tuk Tuks) available just 5 mts walk from Good Heavens and charge Rs. 250 or 300 to drive you at the Embarkation point.

At the Embarkation point from where the River Rafting originates by Daivya Adventures
Daivya Adventures organize River Rafting in a very professional manner. We were first given a briefing about the the rafting that included some basic fundamentals of rafting and security tips. The Team Leaders were smart, energetic and very confident. I felt absolutely safe in their hands.

Getting ready to experience River Rafting

Yes, there was no WiFi signal at this point. In fact WiFi signals are available only in few pockets of Kolad.

Ending surprise

It was a very pleasant surprise when we were paddling the last lap of the River rafting, to see my Good Heavens very near. And sure the surprise was more thrilling when the raft had to finish by disembarking just near to Good Heavens. WOW!, I just had to walk less than a minute to feel at home once again. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts