Drive in to Sahyadri Mountains during rainy season

"Google Wada" and Ginger Tea for Breakfast

After a sleepless night filled with fear, anxiety and palpitation, at Batliwalla Bunglows, Bhandardara, I was I guess the first person in this small village of Shendi to be awake in the early morning waiting eagerly for some Tea Stall to open. I sat at "Cafe Dam Corner" belonging to Sanjay a lovely soul and my first contact as I landed at Bhandardara. I saw him coming, and he not surprised to see me waiting for him 😃. Before I could say anything he said " I know you must have had a difficult night". For those who are not aware of Sanjay can read my previous blog " Detailed journey to Bhandardara"

With Sanjay at his Cafe Dam Corner
I wanted to forget the horrific night, and was eager to have a great day. It was Saturday the 28th August 2017. Sanjay had organized a car with a driver to take me on a trip inside the Sahayadri Mountains. He asked me what I would like to have for breakfast. I said anything but I need a nice hot ginger Tea as the weather was just apt for it. It was a bit cloudy and also it was drizzling. He said Ok, and asked me to wait for 15 mts as he wanted me to try his delicacy snack "Google Wada". Without any hesitation I said I will be very much delighted to try this special Wada ( savory fried dumpling stuffed with Indian herbs and some potato. And indeed it was a delight to dig my teeth into this piping hot round fried dumpling called Google Wada". The day was set and was ready to take the trip.
The video says it all :)


At Konkan Kada (Valley) with Pradeep and a local tribes man selling natural crystal mountain stone.

 One of the many waterfalls in the mountains


AMRUTESHWAR is a 11th century Shiva Temple in the village of RATANWADI


Here we enjoyed the Corn on Cob roasted over natural wood fire.



Comments

Popular Posts